Friday, November 11, 2011

Evan's Adventures with Grandma and Grandpa Raeder

“My name is Evan.” Grandpa Al has been teaching me to say that for the past week. My lips move when he talks, but nothing comes out yet. I just grunt back and forth with Jaden instead. We have been so lucky that for the past week we have been spoiled at Grandma Pam and Grandpa Al’s house. Jaden and I found out that if we just let go of our pacifiers, start to fuss a little, someone will come rushing to us and give us attention! It works so well if you ever want to be held and rocked. I hope it works next week, too, with Mom and Dad.


Grandma and Grandpa made sure we got our exercise in every day. Tummy time was a game they liked to play. It’s a lot of work, though. Jaden does a better job at moving his head up and side to side on his tummy. But I win every time we kick and push off Grandpa’s hands. Pretty sure I am going to be faster than Jaden when we start running!


Jaden was often last-picked to be fed because he is a really slow eater. Grandma Pam was really good at multi-tasking when feeding him. Jaden liked to help her read the newspaper. I spit up a little after eating, so everyone was really cautious with me. I got extra cuddle time to make sure I stayed upright after I ate.


My favorite part of the day was when Grandpa read to me! We read Bubbles Bubbles like 10 times every day and the animal book. The animal book took a lot longer to read than when Mom reads it because Grandpa would tell me a story about every animal as he turned the page. He thinks that maybe someday me and my brother could have our very own rabbit, because daddy probably won’t let us get a doggy. Jaden got to read the books, too, but he fell asleep during story time whereas I would mouth the words with Grandpa. Can’t wait til I can read to him!

We had such a fun time at Grandma and Grandpa’s house in Watertown. They kept it so nice and warm for us, and if we were ever upstairs, Grandpa made sure we had blankets to keep us warm. Looking forward to having them visit us for Thanksgiving. Today we are off to visit Grandma and Grandpa Schumacher in Volga. Aunt Rachel is getting married on Saturday. I bet we’ll have to get all dressed up and take more pictures for Mom!




2 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a cute post. I'm glad that your parents got so much time to love on them. They are sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like everybody is having so much fun in SD! Love the pictures, especially of Jaden and Grandma reading the newspaper. I can tell they have grown a ton in the last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete