Thursday, May 24, 2012

Me and My Pal, Jaden!


To start the summer, I have scheduled a full day together with just Jaden and with just Evan. I have never had a day with just one of them at home.

Jaden and I got to hang out yesterday. We had a full day of adventures. Let me start by saying---he is not any more patient when he is an only child!! But that’s okay—that is Jaden. He was very good in the morning as we ran errands and he helped me out in my office. He actually sat in my chair for at least 20 minutes (that’s a long time in baby-time) and let me hold him for a while longer as I organized some papers. Once he started to eat the papers, I knew it was time to go.



He loved his cart ride in Target. But kept me on pace as he didn’t want to stop too long in an aisle. I am unsure if that is his Type A trying to keep on a schedule, or just an impatient boy?!


While we were in Uptown Normal, we took a break and actually got to be those people who sit in the grass in the center of the round-about and watch the world go by!


We also enjoyed some frozen yogurt at Chill Out (courtesy of a Summer Session coupon- thanks, Mardell!) I must note that this is the only size of bowl they have at Chill Out! I didn’t share as well as Jaden would have liked.

Aside from Jaden not wanting to take a nap, and then being mad when he woke up from naptime (I have a feeling these transition times may not get easier) we had a great time together. One of the best parts of the day was after we picked up Evan from Day Care. Nathan and I both carried in a boy. When they saw each other, Jaden’s face lit up with excitement and Evan reached his arms out to hug and kiss Jaden. One of those moments I wish I had on video. I am often asked if they are aware of the other and if they interact…….this moment definitely answered ‘yes’ to that question. Although I had a fun day, I think Jaden truly missed his brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment