Sunday, July 19, 2015

Only Child

One baby really is a piece of cake! Seriously. Nathan and I were fortunate to experience life with only one baby the end of June. After Aunt Laurie and Grandma Pam were in Illinois for a few days, they bravely drove Evan and Jaden back with them to South Dakota! The boys spent a week playing 'farmer' and were spoiled at Grandpa and Grandma's house! We will have to ask Grandma Pam for a guest post to get the details of their week!
























Only in South Dakota.......





















I was told this equated to a third or fourth outfit change of the day!
Buddies.
Evan could play in the sand pile for hours.
Meanwhile....back at our ranch in Illinois......Kylie was also being spoiled:) 
Shhhh. Don't tell her brothers!
One of the biggest difference with only one baby, well, there are many, but I would say time
Bedtime - quick and easy. 
The time it takes to get ready to go somewhere-very little. 
Loading and unloading the car-seriously, easy-peasy. 

Maybe it's the difference of toddlers versus baby, but regardless, I seemed to have lots of time the week with Kylie. If you are Fitbit friends with me, you saw that there was one particular week I had 160K steps. Yup-it was this week. Now don't get me wrong. I wouldn't exchange Evan and Jaden for more time. But it is an amazing difference. 
 A big change for Kylie was with the ability to roll over.....which led to discontinuing swaddling as this is how I began to find her in the morning.

I started with just swaddling her torso and leaving her arms out. She would almost immediately flip. I am happy to report that after two days, I completely stopped swaddling and she transitioned just fine. She loves to sleep on her tummy and cuddles right up to the crib edge to sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment